|Text Styles: Making a new style|
||To make a new text style:|
1. Open the Text Style window: Format->Styles->Styles… (Command-Y).
2. Click the Edit button to display the text styles editing drawer.
3. To set font characteristics, click the Fonts button and select font, typeface and point size.
4. To set kerning and baseline characteristics, use the Font->Kern and Font->Baseline menus.
5. To set paragraph characteristics, use the ruler and tools in the style editing drawer.
6. To set a text color, use the color well in the style editing drawer.
7. Enter a name for the text style.
8. Click the Save button.
||Note: Because both the Font dialog and the Text Styles window are floating panels, setting a font size by directly typing in the font size text field requires some extra steps:|
1. Type in the font size and press the Return key.
2. Click in the Text Styles window to make it the key window.
3. Click on the font name in the Font window.
If you frequently use a particular font size that is not in the Sizes list, choose Edit Sizes… from the Extras menu in the Font window and add that font size to the list of font sizes.