Videator™ uses the latest, most powerful Apple technologies such as Core Image, Core Video and Quartz Extreme, and therefore requires:
• Mac OS X 10.4.10 w/ QuickTime 7.2 or later Operating System
• A supported video card with sufficient VRAM - see list below!
To quickly check if you can run Videator™ you can:
• Apple → About this Mac, click “More Info...” button, choose “Graphics/Displays” from the left side and look on the right for these two items under Displays:
Core Image: Supported
Quartz Extreme: Supported
• Run Apple’s “Motion Compatibility Dectector” - a free utility from Apple.
Videator runs like a devil on an INTEL iMac - and not too shabby on an older powerbook.
Click here to read what Apple says is required for running apps like Videator!
If you need to upgrade your graphics card, you might try Other World Computing
Here’s a list of supported Video Cards - consult Apple before buying one because some work on laptops but not on towers:
- ATI: Most AGP-based ATI RADEON GPU, with 16 MB VRAM or better.
- NVIDIA: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX or later, with 16 MB VRAM or better.
Recommended Graphics Cards
- ATI Radeon X850 XT
- ATI Radeon X800 XT
- ATI Radeon X600 XT or X600 Pro
- ATI Radeon 9800 XT or 9800 Pro
- ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
- ATI Radeon 9600 XT or 9600 Pro
- ATI Mobility Radeon 9700
- ATI Mobility Radeon 9600
- NVIDIA GeForce Quadro FX 4500
- NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT
- NVIDIA GeForce 6600 and 6600 LE
- NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL or 6800 GT DDL
- NVIDIA GeForce Go5200 or FX 5200 Ultra
- For more info, see: Apple’s Requirements for Quartz Extreme & Core Image
- Caveat Emptor: we have seen some crashes deep in the GPU code on some cards. Apple is aware of these and working with the card vendors to fix outstanding bugs. This is bleeding edge stuff folks! Should you experience a crash, be sure to send the Crash Report to Apple!