Ladies and Gentlemen - iMaginator v 2.2
[German is now complete, as is the new Help] here's the BIG LIST:
iMaginator Version 2.2 Features:
12 Tutorial Movies to teach you the ins and outs of iMaginator:
* Visit http://www.stone.com/iMaginator/Features.html#MOVIES
Reading/Writing of Images
* New Image -> Image Properties panels shows EXIF, TIFF, and JFIF image info
* Reads RAW image formats: Canon (crw/cr2), Fuji, Minolta, Nikon, Sony, and OpenEXR
* Images are automatically flipped and rotated if their orientation tag so dictates
* Exported TIFF files now 3-10 times smaller
* EXIF & TIFF tags are exported with JPGs, TIFF tags are exported with TIFFs
- You can add your own Artist, Copyright, Image Description and Keywords tags
- You can add over 23 other specialty tags as well!
- These additions are saved with the iMaj document package
- to turn this feature off, use this hidden default:
defaults write com.stone.iMaginator DoNotWriteMetaTagsFromOriginalImageOnExport YES
30 new Effects Chains:
* Four new Effects filter files: Chia Pet (fuzzifies tiger), Photos (enhances photos), Liquid Metal and Mercury (trippy).
* 26 chains from Ron Bishop that can help you make cartoons or just great photos!
Painting (and Unpainting!)
* Paint Layer file sizes are 10 to 100 times smaller!
* You can "Unpaint" on the Paint layer by holding down the command key while painting.
This effectively "erases" the paint except on the Erase mode in which case it "restores" the picture below!
* Shift constrains in vertical or horizontal direction
* If you are zoomed in so much that shift only constrains horizontally, add Option key to get vertical constraint
* Painting uses much less memory now.
* If you want to speed up painting, and use no extra memory, but lose painting undo, set the "Fast painting, no undo" switch in Preferences, "General"
* If you still want undo, but don't want to use tons of extra memory, you can control how many levels of undo the program uses - by default, it's unlimited which can really chew up your memory! You set this in the Preferences Panel, "General" tab, Levels of Undo
Ease of Use:
* Updated online help and User Manual PDF
* Shaded material uses "lightball" by default - which makes for incredible looking image
* Got MightyMouse? Scroll Wheel Left/Right can move effects sliders when cursor is over the slider with instant update.
* Added German to English, French and Italian localizations (just change in System Preferences, International and relaunch!)
* Skew/Rotate rotation dial reflects image rotation - mousedown and drag far away from center to get really accurage control!
* Added Spell Checker fcr your keywords and tags
* Documents containing paint layers save correctly in all cases now
* Fixed annoying memory leaks
* Miniaturizing a window draws image correctly as it miniaturizes now
* Correctly rotates & crops RAW image formats
* Dropping in a new image restores rotation to 0 (this could be quite confusing!)
* Rotation is now saved with the image file
* Reopening documents happens twice as fast!
Let me know if you find any problems!