Let's see if we ALREADY have what you want:
1. Grab our illustration, layout and web- page creation app Create (or any other drawing would work too!). Make a shape, color it the way you want (don't worry about transparency at this point - thats settable in Videator)
http://homepage.mac.com/stone_design/.P ... -02-29.dmg
Set the image well to TIFF, and drag into Videator - now you have the background
- then, click the bottom button "Add SubEffects" in the Options area on that image's options
- Click "Add Text", move the text into the image, scale it down if needed, change font, etc. etc.
Drop this on to see what I mean: (see attachment: "Image_1.iFilter")
2. Just as I have done in 1., consider designing your own "Filter Chains" , add them ot your fX library, and then you have them at your fingertips... You can add your own folders to the fX library, click the "+" button below the library...
3. Did you "get" the fade-in and fade-out markers on an effect?
(see attachment: "Constant Color.iFilter")
<--- fade from transparent white to solid white to transparent white
You could make a bunch of these -and not a bad idea to include some of these...
Duration is ALWAYS editable - those markers on the timeline in the options area.
Plus - you have probably seen the built-in transitions.
4. Again, a good idea to include these...
5. That's a good idea - did you know that if you double-click a slider in the options area - it does bring up a full window timeline? On an hour movie that would NOT be very useful however
I agree with you that Videator is a powerful tool to add to the arrows in your quiver - and you can always do stuff in Videator, save to QT NTSC and then drop that back into FCP or iMovie (and vice-versa of course!).
Thank you for your interest and input - and that's how the software grows as it goes! BTW - you get free upgrades for life: http://www.stone.com/Philosophy/
And when you do get paid:
http://www.stone.com/store/shop.pl/page ... ndividuals
At $49 - how can you NOT get it!