|Drag and Drop Graphics (page 1)|
||To add objects by dragging and dropping files from the Finder:|
Drag a file icon from the Finder and drop it into a Create document.
If Create can translate the file contents into a Create graphic object, it will do so. If the file has a file type suffix, Create uses that to determine the file type. If the file doesn’t have a file type suffix, Create tries to open it in a Text Area.
Create can translate the following file types:
• Images: TIFF, JPEG, GIF, icons (.icns), PDF, PNG - makes a Create Image graphic. See Image Preferences to control how images are added to your document.
• Create types: .clipArt, .cre8
.clipArt - adds the graphics that were originally saved in the .clipArt file
.cre8 - adds the pages in the saved Create document to the end of the current Create document
• Text: .txt, .rtf, .textClipping, .doc (Panther-only) - makes Text Areas with the text from the file
• Other text: .vcf (vCard) - makes Text Areas with the name and address
• .sliced (from Stone Design’s SliceAndDice™): makes a SliceAndDice object. When output to HTML, this creates a sliced image where different areas can have links to different URLs.
If Create doesn’t recognize the file type, it makes a FileImage object, and display’s the file’s icon.